Why do top fencers think that X-Change masks are the best in the world?
- Cleaner - The X-Change system allows all the fabric parts to be completely removed from the stainless steel shell and washed. This keeps your mask clean and fresh.
- Lighter -By utilising the lightest, strongest materials and removing unnecessary metal it is much lighter than standard masks making it more comfortable.
- Cooler - The removal of excess padding unnecessary parts of the bib mean that airflow through the mask has been increased by up to 75% compared to some competitors masks. For the ultimate in cooling please see the ice® padding upgrade.
- X-Change - The bib can be slid out of the mask which means not only can you wash it monthly or replace it every few seasons.
- Foil Bib - A layer of our electrically conductive Lightweight silver lame has been added to the bib. This conforms with the latest FIE rules for the new foil target area. We use 4 layers of the lame for the tab used to attach the electric mask wire, this is for the best connection and the highest durability. The lame is also washable.
- Additional safety feature - Most masks use a metal strip around the back mesh to save on cost but Leon Paul masks use a split plastic tube in addition. This is to stop the blade whipping over the edge of the mask and causing painful hits to the back of the head, the tube absorbs the force of the blade and prevents this whip over.
Please see the additional sizing video below. This demonstrates how you can fit a mask by shaping the mesh.
*If you want to be able to use the same mask for electric Epee, you can order the Epee X-Change bib (ref: 280CXB)